Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 6:00pm
In today's superheated Modern art market, collectors are asking a lot of questions. Record auction results and record breaking museum acquisitions have intensified and complicated this market. Top experts on the Modern art market will address such issues as:
- How is the Modern art market defined?
- How does provenance affect the value of Modern art?
- Picasso, Matisse, Braque-these artists are out of my price range. Who are the Modern period artists whose work I can afford that will have lasting value?
- Modern prints by Miro and Picasso can sell at prices higher than the same artists' unique works. How can this be? Am I not always better off buying a drawing than a print?
- With record prices being paid for trophy objects, how does one assess works from the middle of the market?
Sponsorship provided by Lehman Brothers